If you leave a message for me, I will reply here so that it is easier to follow the conversation instead of bouncing back and forth between two or more pages.
Click on the Leave message button above to start a new subject, or if you are updating an existing subject, click on the "Edit" link next to its header.
Quadragonist means a 4th protagonist. 184.108.40.206 22:47, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- According to Dictionary.com, that isn't a word, even checking an alternate spelling without the R to make it quadagonist. The closest to that is "tritagonist", which is "the third member of an acting troupe, which always consisted of three actors". Looking further at the definition, it comes from ancient Greek, and an update from about 1885 says "to contend, struggle, compete for the acting prize". Deuteragonist is "the actor next in importance to the protagonist", and one of the definitions of protagonist is "the first actor in ancient Greek drama, who played not only the main role, but also other roles when the main character was offstage"
- The only DreamWorks movie or series where any of these definitions come close to fitting is Madagascar 3 because the four main characters become part of a circus. But none of those characters compete to become the leader of the circus. By default, Alex becomes the leader because he comes up with a plan to revitalize the circus and get it to New York. Melman, Gloria and Marty are all about equal in importance, so you'd have to call them "co-deuteragonists", but that would only apply for the part of the movie involving their time in the circus.
- Formal ancient Greek definitions relating to the profession of acting aren't very useful if you aren't specifically talking about acting. And even if we were to just use the main definition of protagonist, which is "the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work", saying "main character" or "lead characters" does the job equally well and is more widely-understood than "protagonist". —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 02:14, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Well I just happen to find the answer for a fourth protagonist on wiki answers.com 220.127.116.11 07:11, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- That's a user-editable website so it would not take priority over a place like Dictionary.com. In addition, the edit history of that question shows that the same editor asked the question and then answered it a month later. Since only one person has edited that page, then the question and answer they provided is suspect and cannot be used to support using the term here. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 15:20, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
This is now covered on DreamWorks Wiki:Protagonists.
Hello nice to meet you I'm Kathrin I'm new here. I hope we can ne friends. Just lemme notice If I can help you.
Kathrin Samarra 20:20, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
- I forgot to answer this, but she didn't come back anyways after leaving this message.
About these images from Mr. Peabody & Sherman, I found them in the Monde de Animation facebook page. -HPTiger 16:35, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
About you delete 15 pictures
These pictures definitely not advertising, I just want to contribute, the result was that you deleted? I want you to put these pictures recovery, I will remove the Youtube link, please!--T Gordon Cheng (talk) 06:12, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Go ahead and upload them again. For the description, put in that they are from the Mr. Peabody & Sherman movie instead of what video you got them from. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 14:38, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
- But I'm from Taiwan, so I'm not familiar with the English. I wrote about the file descriptor only Chinese, OK?
- P.S. Chinese description can be seen to Chinese users.--T Gordon Cheng (talk) 11:39, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
My name is Sir Hawke (on wiki), and I recently stumbled upon this wonderful wiki for a wonderful company. Before I move on, I would like to tell you a bit about myself; I am a Disney and Dreamworks fan, and am in love with movies like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, The Croods, and Rise of the Gaurdians. I was looking around and saw that this wiki could use a lot of help, and I believe that if you give me the rights of administrator, we can turn this wiki around and make it reach new heights that nobody could even think of. Consider it my Dream in the Works. If you decline my request, know that I will still become a devoted editor and will do all I can to help this great wiki. Thank you for reading my proposal.
Sir Hawke 00:41, May 17, 2014 (UTC)
- One of the ways to demonstrate you're ready to be an admin is to work to improve the wiki before you even think about wanting to be an admin. I have been taking care of a lot of other issues during the past month, but I wanted to see what you would do. Since you haven't made any more edits, that tells me you don't have the commitment to be an admin right now. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 05:09, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
- I have scanned copies of both front and back. From My DVD Copy But I'm unsure if you want them or not? Its Marked for removel
- Some of the voice actors are on have done many voice-overs for the original TV Shows.
- * e.g
- Audio Description: This is the first of the movies to have it. 01:43, May 25, 2014 (UTC) GinnyStar-STD MOT (talk) 01:50, May 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Also On my Talk Page I've added examples of what I'm trying to sayGinnyStar-STD MOT (talk) 03:44, June 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I had initially wanted to concentrate on just the animated movies and TV series, but I'm willing to expand it to cover the rest of their work. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 05:11, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
New Dreamworks Wiki-wordmark!Here is the new Wiki-wordmark!
What do you say to him?
- That would be an alternate logo we could use on things like the main page if it was larger. As it is right now, the boy fishing in the D and Shrek holding up the O is too small to be seen if you're running a high resolution on your monitor like I am. It almost looks like a letter A overlapping the O. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 05:16, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
Newest Dreamworks Wiki-wordmark!Here is the newest Wiki-wordmark!
What do you say to him?
- That's clearer than what we have now. I will put it into place later. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 14:38, July 30, 2014 (UTC)
- And now it's in place. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 03:52, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
I can't believe you're a worker here. I'm actually impressed. Keep up the good work.
- Yup. This is one of the wikis I rescued after it had been hit by some vandalism. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 03:52, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
- As I noted immediately above, me becoming admin was the result of some vandalism. That's happened on several wikis during the past two years. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 03:53, August 27, 2014 (UTC)