- "This is one farmer's wife you don't want to piss off."
- ―Rebecca Brayton from watchmojo.com on Mrs. Tweedy[src]
Mrs. Tweedy is a selfish, cruel, cold-hearted woman who only uses the Chickens to get money, which she and her husband are very low on. She is always looking for a chance to bully Mr. Tweedy and the chickens, and despite her evilness, she does show cleverness at times-she is the one who comes up with the idea of buying a Pie Machine to use to make more profit from the Chickens. She can also show impatience with her husband, shown when she is contemplating buying the Pie Machine, and when the Pie Machine is broken. It is also hinted that her and her husband disagree on many things-when Mr. Tweedy is attacked by the chickens he calls to her "The chickens are revolting!" and she, doing other things at the time, says to herself "Finally, something we agree on." However, she didn't know he meant revolt in the context she was thinking of. She is also shown to be a very tough woman who is possibly happy with the idea of murdering the Chickens-when she is looking at Edwina at Roll Call she has an evil smile on her face, and we see a face similar to that when Ginger is going into the Pie Machine, and is seen killing Edwina and probably many Chickens before. Mrs. Tweedy wears a maroonish dress with an upright collar, a black brooch at the throat and black muck boots, she rolls the sleeves up at her elbow. She had long, dark brunette hair pulled back into a tight bun at the top of her head.
Role in the film
When the chickens try to use an airplane to fly out, Mrs. Tweedy tries to stop them with her hatchet. But Rocky's bike knocks her unconscious accidentally throwing the hatchet in the air. Mrs. Tweedy gets up and sees the hatchet land right next to her neck, she then passed out again.
Mrs. Tweedy then woke up and went in pursuit, wielding her hatchet as the chickens were flying in their airplane. Ginger tricks Mrs. Tweedy into cutting the rope with her hatchet, and she landed onto the top of the pie machine, which caused it to explode. At that rate, Mr. Tweedy berates Mrs. Tweedy for not coming to the fact that the chickens were organized in the first place, then shuts the door down on her, killing her.
- Mrs. and Mr. Tweedy's last name were presumed named after Tweedy from the Looney Tunes
- Mrs. Tweedy is similar to Curella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians: Both are animal haters who yell a lot. They both also have henchmen who eventually redeem themselves by standing up to their respective leaders after spent enough time suffering miserably under their respective leaders' abuse.
- Mrs. Tweedy also resembles Gladys Sharp from Over the Hedge: Both are animal haters, both have one man working with them, and both get annoyed with their henchmen. Both are the main antagonists of their respective DreamWorks films and both want to exterminate the animals in the film to achieve bigger profits.
- Mrs. Tweedy is considered to be one of DreamWorks' most evil villains (along with General Mandible, Lord Shen, Gallaxhar, Rumplestiltskin, and Drago Bludvist).
- Mrs. Tweedy is also similar to Molluck from Oddworld: Abe's Odyesse. They both run a meat (or in Mrs. Tweedy's case, egg) farm that treats its workers like prisoners, and resorts to selling said workers as food as a last resort when profits go down.
It's a pie machine you idiot. Chickens comes in, pies come out.
Mrs. Melisha Tweedy
Chicken Pies you great lummox
Mrs. Tweedy telling Mr Tweedy