Madly Madagascar is a Valentine's Day-themed TV special, and was released in January 2013. All cast members returned to voice their characters, except for Sacha Baron Cohen, who was replaced by Danny Jacobs for the voice of King Julien.
- Alex - Valentine's Day is one of Alex's FAVORITE holidays! Back in the zoo, he was practically showered with valentines from numerous admirers, but now that he's in Africa, he's finding that valentines day is not what he was used to... can he still enjoy the day even though he's not getting the amount of attention he's used to having?
- Marty - Meets an Okapi Girl who strikes his fancy, but she's not that interested... until Marty finds a love potion (thanks to the penguins) and puts it on! Now she is paying him attention, unfortunately, so are 90% of the females on the savannah! At first this is great, but after a while, Marty finds that being irresistible isn't all it's cracked up to be.
- Melman - It's his first Valentine's Day with Gloria, and as such, he's determined to make it a PERFECT one, even if it means going a bit overboard, recreating the Statue of Liberty in Gloria's image isn't too much, right?
- Gloria - Not much is known about her part of the short yet, other than it is her first Valentine's Day with Melman, and as such there will be many interactions between the two. When she finally finds Melman, she thinks he is dumping her, but finds out later what he was trying to do.
- Lemurs - King Julien decides he is the "king of love" and tries to get all of the animals on the savanah to love him.
- Penguins - Skipper's bobble-head doll wife, Lola, has "run off" with another bobble-head doll. Can the penguin's leader get his girl back before it's too late?