Larrikins is a cancelled film. The film was to be written by Harry Cripps and produced by Christina Steinberg. It was set for a February 16, 2018 release, before Minchin announced the film's cancellation on March 5, 2017.
Had it been made, it would have been the first DreamWorks Animation film to be distributed by Universal Pictures, whose parent company NBCUniversal acquired DreamWorks Animation in 2016. This was the second 2018 DreamWorks Animation film to be cancelled, the other being The Croods 2. With the cancellation of Larrikins and The Croods 2, DreamWorks Animation had no film(s) coming out in 2018, making the first year DreamWorks had skipped since 1999.
When an uptight bilby gets kicked out of his sheltered life of his family burrow, he ventures out and finds himself launched on a musical adventure across the mystical Australian outback. On the way, he must battle an evil army of monsters known as the Syvalionilas, or "Syvas", for short and win the heart of his one true love.
- Margot Robbie as a dingo
- Hugh Jackman as Larrikins
- Naomi Watts as Rygo
- Rose Byrne as Sammy
- Ben Mendelsohn as Russell
- Jacki Weaver as Riley
- Josh Lawson as an emu
- Damon Herriman as Mrs. Lollypop
- Ewen Leslie as Tittle
- Anna Kendrick as Amy
Peter de Sève, who is best known for designing the characters of the Ice Age franchise, made concept art for the film.
- This would have been the first DreamWorks Animation's first film to be released in February.
- ↑ http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/MATILDA-and-GROUNDHOG-DAYs-Tim-Minchin-Comes-to-Feinsteins54-Below-One-Night-Only-20170305
- ↑ "Massive Layoffs at DreamWorks Animation". Big Cartoon News, January 24, 2015
- ↑ http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/dreamworks-kills-tim-minchins-larrikins-149137.html