How to Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular, formerly known as How to Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular, is a live-action production based on How to Train Your Dragon. Developed by a partnership between DreamWorks Theatricals and Global Creatures, the company behind Walking with Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular, based on the BBC documentary.
The production features 24 larger-than-life dragons with wingspans up to 40 feet wide that will fly and breathe fire. Characters include dragons Night Fury, Gronckle, Nadder, and Nightmare, and vikings Hiccup, Astrid, Stoick and Gobber.
During the 2012-2013 tour, the official website had a sweepstakes for a chance to win 4 tickets and a backstage tour to meet the dragons.
- March 2-11, 2012: Hisense Arena, Melbourne, Australia
- March 16-25, 2012: All Phones Arena, Sydney, Australia
- March 28-April 1, 2012: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia
- April 18-22, 2012: Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand
June 2012: US/Canada tour begins
- October 11-14, 2012: Jerome Schottenstein Center, Columbus, OH
- (postponed), Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI
- October 25-28, 2012: BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
- November 1-4, 2012: Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, SK
- November 22-25, 2012: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, MB
- December 6-9, 2012: Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
- December 19-22, 2012: Save Mart Center, Fresno, CA
- December 26-30, 2012: HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, CA
- January 3-6, 2013: Sleep Train Arena (formerly Power Balance Pavilion), Sacramenta, CA
- January 10-13, 2013: EnergySolutions Arena, Salt Lake City, UT
- January 17-20, 2013: Honda Center, Anaheim, CA