- “I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies! ”
- ―Hammy while pretending to be rabid [src]
Hammy is a hyperactive red squirrel whose mouth moves as fast as his feet, he is innocent, dim-witted, curious, and very childish in nature with an extremely short attention span. He often gets on the nerves of those around him, but endears himself to them at the same time, as long as he stays away from the super energy drinks anyway. Hammy can run at the speed of light and has fast reflexes. His favorite food is cookies.
Upon first meeting RJ, Hammy became extremely fond of him, completely naive at the fact that RJ was using them. The first time RJ uses him is in the scene where Hammy pretends to be a rabid Squirrel and is attacked by the girl scouts Shelby and Mackenzie. In the scene where the world stops turning due to Hammy drinking soda, he moves ahead as the others freeze. He adjusts the laser trap lengths, turns on the lasers, retrieves the chocolate chip cookie from the roof, and eats the cookie while going back to the hedge and then the world resumes turning.
- "But I like the cookie."
- [running along the hedge, then, from far away] "IT NEVER ENDS!!!" [runs the opposite way and runs back to the group] "It never ends that way too!"
- [looking up at Vincent, shaking in fear] "Scary clown."
- "The weed hacker, Verne...the weed hacker!"
- "I filled the log! I found my nuts!"
- "You mean...Stella doesn't love me?!”
- A near-identical character named Samey was part of a show up until late 2005, where a storyline shows a mirrored dimension where RJ, Elrod ("Like Verne is any better?"), and Hammy resided. At its conclusion, Sammy went into this dimension and did not come back ("He's checking out the floating thingies in his eyes again."), so Hammy came to the real dimension and replaced Sammy.
|Over the Hedge|
|Over the Hedge • Hammy's Boomerang Adventure|
|RJ • Verne • Hammy • Stella • Ozzie • Heather • Vincent • Lou • Penny • Bucky, Spike and Quillo • Tiger • Nugent|
|Over the Hedge • Hammy Goes Nuts|